15 Tips for Planning A Safe Summer Getaway to StoweJuly 2, 2020
by GO STOWE
Get ready for new adventures in Stowe, Vermont this summer! It’s easy to fall in love with the area featuring world-class trails, majestic mountains, peaceful waters, and local flavors. It’s no wonder FAR + WIDE features Stowe in “25 Small Towns for the Ultimate Summer Vacation.” Getting here is an adventure itself with stunning scenery and local shops to pick up Vermont bites, beverages, and other treasures. While there is much to enjoy in the area, it’s important to know travel guidelines ahead of time for a safe and enjoyable vacation to remember. Read our 15 tips for planning a safe summer getaway to Stowe, Vermont including travel information, safe activities, open businesses, and recommendations for an unforgettable trip at the foot of Mt. Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak.
- First, get ready to #ReturnToStowe. If you’ve missed Stowe as much as we’ve missed you, watch our video and be inspired to #ReturnToStowe.
- Learn about travel updates. The safety of our community and guests has been paramount during the COVID-19 pandemic. Travelers are asked to learn about and follow travel guidelines prior to booking and arriving. Read up on travel guidance, quarantine restrictions, and other useful information ahead of time.
- Research lodging options. From full-service resorts and boutique hotels to airy B&Bs, find Stowe accommodations for your taste and budget.
- Find vacation deals. Stowe lodging properties offer specials from time-to-time. Travel with flexibility and save on accommodations when you book your trip.
- Plan your activities ahead. Choose from endless adventures offering safe ways to explore the area. Since there are many summer activities to enjoy in Stowe, it helps to plan out your days here in advance to have the best experience, whether you’re hiking, mountain biking, road biking, paddling, golfing or fishing.
- Consider a guided tour. There’s no better way to get to know the area like a true local than with an expert guided tour! Guided tours are a fun and unique way to see the area and create memories to last a lifetime.
- Book equipment rentals. Looking to pack light or try something new? Stowe’s sporting shops offer a fleet of bike paddle craft and other equipment rentals.
- Pack a mask. For safety reasons, masks are required in Stowe in the presence of others. Masks are available at Stowe shops in a pinch. You’ll also find unique designs to expand your safety collection!
- Savor the Vermont flavors. On your way up Vermont Route 100, also known as the Green Mountain Byway within this unique Waterbury-Stowe corridor, stop at Ben & Jerry’s Factory for a cone, cider doughnuts at Cold Hollow Cider Mill, melt-in-your-mouth maple candies at Stowe Maple Products and truffles at Laughing Moon Chocolates on South Main Street in historic Stowe Village.
- Getting around Stowe. If you’re in town or about to arrive, our Visitor Resource Guide is a great resource with insider tips all in one place to help enhance the best parts of your trip. Energize your itinerary with memorable activities and vibrant Stowe events taking place daily in the area.
- Visit open businesses. Stowe-area dining, shopping, activities and attractions and events have modified operations as a result of COVID-19. Make dinner plans, check trail conditions, and discover world-class trails, rivers and reservoirs. Explore Stowe businesses that are open.
- Relax and unwind. There’s no better place to rejuvenate than Stowe. Find balance at a spa. Experience Stowe’s natural outdoor beauty walking in the forest or in other tranquil environments.
- Take a piece of Stowe home with you. Whether you love chocolate, cheese, craft beverages, arts and crafts, keepsakes, mountain chic attire or outdoor gear, you won’t regret taking home a memento from one of Stowe’s local shops. Find gifts for yourself as well as the fashionistas, foodies and adventurers in your life.
- Share your Stowe story. Stowe is a true four-season destination that has hosted travelers for more than 200 years. Dream of being back already? If you’ve enjoyed our Vermont hospitality, food and beverages, mountains and more, we’d love to hear about your favorite Stowe moment (or #stowement) of our little slice of heaven.
- Book your next trip early. You may find you had so much fun and fell in love with Vermont that you didn’t want to leave and can’t wait to return. If you’re ready to book your next trip to Stowe, find vacation deals while they last!
Relax, take in the fresh mountain air and experience Vermont’s hidden gems Stowe has to offer this summer in Stowe, Vermont!