Stowe Travel Update
COVID-19 Updates and Resources for Travelers
We are here to provide the most up-to-date information about travel to Stowe, Vermont. The community of Stowe, Vermont is actively monitoring the fast-evolving circumstances around Coronavirus. Key officials are in communication about ongoing developments. Businesses in operation continue to meet high standards of cleanliness while also taking necessary precautions based on guidelines from government officials and the CDC.
- Out-of-state residents traveling to Vermont will need to follow the current quarantine restrictions. Please review guidance for travelers coming from select counties in New England, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, West Virginia, Ohio, Virginia and Washington, D.C. (step one) and guidance for travelers who need to further quarantine (step two).
- Lodging operators will require either a copy of a Vermont driver’s license or a signed document from the guest(s) attesting they meet the quarantine requirement. Please review the guidance on the steps required to complete the certificate of compliance.
- Travel Restrictions: this Cross-State Travel Map indicates guests from areas with <400 active cases per million residents may travel to and from Vermont without quarantine requirements. Residents from these non-quarantine areas must travel directly to Vermont in their personal vehicles.
- Guests from outside of the non-quarantine areas may complete either: (i) a 14-day quarantine; or (ii) a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state before coming to Vermont. Guests must drive directly from their home to Vermont in their personal vehicle.
- Guests from outside of the non-quarantine areas traveling by any mode of travel may complete either: (i) a 14-day quarantine; or (ii) a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment regardless of the destination origin. Guests completing their quarantine in Vermont must stay in their quarantine location for the duration of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site.
- View updates to business operations and events.
Be Smart, Stay Safe Guidance in Stowe
View updates to area business operations and event schedules for lodging, restaurants, retail, activities/attractions and events.
- Wearing face masks are required when in the presence of others in public spaces. Learn more about the Vermont Mask Mandate. Social distancing is highly encouraged.
- Event, arts, culture and entertainment venues and restaurants are open at a reduced capacity. Read the full guidance.
- Retail shops are open with reduced occupancy and mandatory health requirements. Read the full retail guidance for further restrictions.
- Gymnasiums, fitness centers, and similar exercise facilities, spas, hair salons and tattoo parlors have reopened under specific guidelines and restrictions.
These resources provide current updates and information on COVID-19:
- Cross State Travel restrictions and guidelines (ACCD)
- Situation Summary (CDC)
- Status of Coronavirus in Vermont (VT Dept. of Health)
- Guidelines on Travel in the U.S. (CDC)
- Global Travel Updates (CDC)
- Note: The northern border to Canada will be closed to non-essential travel
- Stowe Public Safety Facebook page
- Health Tips for Prevention (CDC)
What is Go Stowe’s message for travelers?
We are actively monitoring the fast-evolving circumstances around Coronavirus and will actively communicate with guests if the situation changes. The Town of Stowe and key officials are in communication about ongoing developments for COVID-19. View ways you can connect with Stowe businesses. We encourage travelers to Stowe, and elsewhere, to observe guidance from official organizations about travel plans. Read the CDC guidelines on Travel in the U.S.
What if I have urgent questions about Coronavirus?
For general information about COVID-19, dial 2-1-1. If you are sick or concerned about your health, contact your health care provider by phone. Please avoid going to the hospital, except in a life-threatening situation, and you have called in advance. Local hospitals include Copley Hospital Morrisville, VT and UVM Medical Center in Burlington, VT.
Do you have questions about your trip to Stowe?
Contact Go Stowe by calling (800) 467-8693.