Summer Adventure Guide for Couples and Friends
June 7, 2021
by GO STOWE
Escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and head to the [Green] mountains! Whether you’re planning a romantic getaway with a loved one or looking for summer fun with friends, Stowe has you covered with one-of-a-kind unforgettable offerings.
- HIKING. Ranging from easy to difficult, Stowe is home to more than 45 hiking trails. Take a pre-dinner stroll at Sunset Rock or enjoy a post-hike beverage after conquering a trail on Mount Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak.
- Insider Tip: Check out the Go Stowe Hiking Guide for area hikes.
- BIKING. With 50+ miles of single track mountain biking trails, Stowe is an amazing place to get out on a mountain bike. If you are a beginner you can take a lesson or guided ride while experts can venture out on expert trails. If you are looking for a more leisurely activity give road or e-biking a try. Rentals are available at many shops in town.
- Insider Tip: take a ride on the Stowe Recreation Path and stops for food and drinks at local hotspots along the way.
- PADDLING. Head to Waterbury Reservoir for a day or afternoon on the water. Paddleboard, kayak or canoe while looking up to blue skies and Green Mountain views.
- Insider Tip: pack a lunch with snacks from local shops and eat it while taking a break on Elephants Rock in the reservoir.
- ZIP LINING. Spice up your trip with a zipline ride either above the trees. Soar above the mountains at the world’s fastest zipline at Stowe Mountain Resort or be one with the trees and at ArborTrek’s zipline course in the forest.
- Insider Tip: After ziplining explore the Smugglers’ Notch area with a scenic drive, hike or stop at the local disc golf course.
- CRAFT BEVERAGE TASTINGS. Stowe is home to a variety of world-class craft beverage producers, don’t miss out! From fresh pressed ciders at Cold Hollow and Stowe Cider, beer at Idletyme and von Trapp Brewing to wine at Ellison Estate Vineyard there are so many ways to taste the flavors of Stowe.
- Insider Tip: Want to hit all the craft beverage spots in one shot? Take a safe guided tour with 4 Points Brewery Tours.
- SWIMMING HOLES. Cool off after your busy day of hiking and biking (or dining and drinking) in a picturesque Stowe swimming hole in. Beat the crowds and the heat all at once while also admiring the one-of-a-kind views.
- SPAS. Recharge from your outdoor activities or just spend time relaxing on your summer vacation at an award-winning spa in Stowe. With unique treatments that feature local products, Stowe’s spas are available for all your wellness needs.
- Insider Tip: Be sure to check our activity specials while planning your trip for spa specials.
- OUTDOOR DINING. Dine with a view in Stowe! You can spend the entire day outside if you’d like, or you can retreat to a cool and welcoming atmosphere in our restaurants and eateries. Grab a bite to eat and continue to take in the views and brews during your stay.
- EVENTS. With events happening daily, enhance your stay in Stowe by attending a local event and experience Stowe in a new way. From live music, craft beverage tastings, yoga and fitness classes, races, car shows and markets there is something for every type of traveler.
Pack in as much (or as little) adventure as you can this summer in Stowe. Whatever you choose, be sure to share your Stowe story with us on social media using hashtag #gostowe and #stowement. Find additional trip planning ideas, discover all of the summer activities available and check out current deals while getting ready to book your summer getaway only in Stowe.