Race to the Top of VermontAugust 29, 2021
Every August the Northeast Delta Dental Race To The Top Of Vermont draws hikers, bikers, and runners from across the U.S. and Canada to climb Mt. Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak. Our course ascends the historic Mansfield Toll Road, is 4.3 miles in length, and has 2564 feet of up. For some it’s all about trying to achieve a fast time on this challenging course. For others… they come to test themselves, and to enjoy the spectacular views.
This season’s event will happen in-person, but with a few changes. And while we are excited to see everyone again, we are proceeding in a conservative manner in order to keep everyone safe and ensure that no one is forced into a situation they are uncomfortable with.
Some of the more significant changes this year include:
- Wave Starts… 40 participants per wave, 15 minutes apart.
- Reduced event capacity… Only 600 spots!
- Mandatory Health Screen required to enter event venue.
- Mandatory mask wearing at all times, except while racing or hiking.
- No on-site awards/raffle ceremony to eliminate gathering and crowds.
- Results will be posted online, not at the event in order to reduce gathering and crowds
- Prepackaged food available post race, but no prepared food.
- All registration will happen online before the event… no race day registration.
We are still working on a few details, but should be done updating the website shortly. The 2021 event will take place on Sunday, August 29th. Participants will choose their start wave (assuming there is space) during online registration, and waves can include mixed disciplines. We are currently refining our race plan, and will make that available for download once it’s done. Stay tuned!