Stowe Nordic has been Stowe’s cross-country ski club for over 20 years. Our goal is to foster a vibrant and engaged community of Nordic skiers in the greater Stowe area and through that grow participation and enjoyment in the sport.
What does Stowe Nordic do:
- Grooming: We groom and set ski tracks on the Stowe Recreation Path which runs for about 5 miles from town center to just beyond Topnotch Resort. An up-to-date Stowe Recreation Path grooming report is available here.
- XC ski options in Stowe: We are the only resource in Stowe providing information about all Nordic skiing locations. Our “Guide to Nordic Skiing in Stowe” is available here.
- An interactive map identifying all Nordic ski locations in Stowe (click on any listed location for more information)
- Descriptions of all areas
- Printable maps of all areas
- Driving directions to trailheads (via Google Maps)
- Conditions: Our website home page provides direct links to all the local XC touring centers’ conditions reports.
- Programs: We offer ski programs to teach young kids to ski, to help adults ski better, plus a special group specifically for women.
- Social activities: We offer free moonlight ski tours twice a month during the winter (conditions permitting) – open to all abilities, club membership is appreciated, but not required. See our website for details and updates on all events and activities.
- Races: We sponsor regional and college level races in the Stowe area.
- Club team: We also sponsor a recreational racing team (i.e. fun and low key) for masters skiers (30+.)