Stowe Mountain Resort
Stowe Mountain Resort, with 116 ski trails and 12 lifts, has been an internationally acclaimed four-season resort area since the 1940’s. A gondola connects the resort’s two mountains, 4,395′ Mount Mansfield and Spruce Peak. Stowe Mountain Resort significant snow-making infrastructure including: 325 HKD tower guns, 150 energy efficient land guns, 16 Super Pole Cat fan guns and over seven miles of snowmaking pipe. From a skier’s and rider’s point of view, the new snowmaking allows for a longer season, overall better snow quality and capability to resurface the mountain much more quickly.
Skiing at Stowe Mountain Resort in winter, skiers and snowboarders come from around the world to experience Mt. Mansfield’s storied terrain. Stowe also offers sleigh-riding and dogsledding, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and ice skating. Stowe is especially famous as one of North America’s premier cross country skiing destinations, with hundreds of kilometers of groomed and backcountry trails.
Check out the latest snow and weather report as well as terrain and lift status. Learn more about arriving and parking at the resort – including the convenient and free Mountain Road Shuttle.
More information about Stowe Mountain Resort:
- Mount Mansfield summit elevation: 4,395′ (Vermont’s highest peak)
- Highest skiing elevation: 3,625′
- Vertical drop: 2,360′
- Annual snowfall (average): 314″
- Total number of trails: 116
- Skiable acres: 485
- Total miles: 40 (16% beginner, 55% intermediate, 29% expert)
- Snowmaking coverage: 83%
- Total lifts: 12 (more mile-long lifts than any other resort in the east)
- Lift types: 1 intermountain transfer Gondola (the OverEasy), 1 high-speed summit Gondola, 4 high-speed Quads, 2 Triples, 2 doubles, 2 surface lifts
- Total hourly lift capacity: 15,516 passengers
- #1 Ski Resort in Eastern U.S. (Ski Magazine)
- #1 in the East (Freeskier Magazine)
- #1 Winter Destination (Yankee Magazine, Reader’s Choice)
- Top 5 U.S. Ski Vacations (Yahoo! Sports)
- Top 10 Best Ski Towns in America” (Forbes)
- Top 10 Ski Resorts in the World (Travelmole.com)
- World’s Best Ski Towns (National Geographic)
Stowe Mountain Resort Attractions: