Not sure what to do in Stowe, Vermont in the middle of winter? Our charming mountain town may be one of the 10 Best Ski Towns according to USA Today readers the last two years in a row, but there are many other winter activities to enjoy. Check out some of our favorite winter bucket list ideas for must-do activities. Be sure to tag @gostowe and #gostowe on social media when sharing your adventures! Watch our winter video below for inspiration.
4) Give the gift of Vermont. Shop for your loved ones—and treat yourself!—at one of our many locally-owned boutiques and retail shops.
5) Experience the thrill of riding through the woods on a snowmobile! It’s an exhilarating way to experience Vermont’s winter wonderland. No experience required! (Insider tip: reservations are required)
7) Live all your winter wonderland fantasies by taking a sleigh ride through the snowy Stowe hills. (Insider tip: reservations are required for this weather-permitting activity)
8) Show off your ice dancing skills at the outdoor ice skating rink at Spruce Peak Village. (Insider tip: bring your own skates or rentals are available through the ski resort to skate, weather-permitting)
9) Rent a sled or buy a tube for sledding down the hill just behind Stowe Elementary school in the Village.
10) Make some new furry friends while giving dog sledding a try. Dog sledding is uncommon in the continental United States and often a once-in-a-lifetime experience for most people. (Insider tip: reservations are required for this weather-permitting activity)
11) Learn the secret techniques of the ice: that is, ice climbing or ice fishing. Local expert guides and outfitters know the best spots and can help you prepare for a special adventure. (Insider tip: book an expert guided tour in advance)
12) Take a picture at the winter photo booth in front of the Stowe Visitor Information Center on Main Street.