At Stowe Area Association we work hard to promote Stowe, Vermont as a vibrant four season destination. Our mission is to market and sell the natural beauty of Stowe, its cultural and recreational opportunities and member businesses, while simultaneously enhancing the quality experience for our guests and the quality of life of the residents, in a manner which improves the economic well-being of the community and consciously promotes environmental integrity.
Assistant Sales Manager
‘Go Stowe‘ is looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented professional with exceptional interpersonal skills and a passion for outdoor recreation. Join a fun and collaborative team working to share our love for Stowe with the world. Enjoy convenient access to world-class skiing and riding, hundreds of miles of hiking and biking trails, and much more!
The Stowe Area Association (SAA), outwardly known as Go Stowe, is the official Destination Marketing Organization for the resort community of Stowe, VT. The Association’s mission is to market and sell Stowe. SAA has an active Visitor Information Center and provides personalized vacation planning and concierge services to our guests. The Assistant Sales Manager is responsible for supporting Visitor Information Center operations and reservation staff with day-to-day duties to ensure customer service and revenue generation goals are met. The Assistant Sales Manager reports to the Sales Manager and Executive Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire and train Visitor Information Center and Vacation Planning Expert staff to ensure they can properly handle inbound reservation inquiries, assist in-person visitors, and are updated on new policies, standard operating procedures, membership changes, and upcoming offerings and events in town.
- Create work schedules for Vacation Planning Experts based on staff availability and budget requirements.
- Track budget pace throughout the fiscal year, track employee hours and submit payroll for Vacation Planning Experts.
- Create and update SOPs regularly to ensure operational goals are being achieved.
- Handle inbound lodging inquiries to drive revenue generation.
- Meet with Vacation Planning Experts regularly to ensure they are properly trained in all aspects of our reservation software, SOPs are followed, customer service standards are upheld, and are properly trained on all required sales-related tasks. Plan individual and group educational seminars for Vacation Planning Experts as needed
- Set up and tour all SAA member lodging properties with Vacation Planning Experts and ensure Vacation Planning Experts are knowledgeable about all Stowe Area Association member businesses.
- Provide exceptional concierge services over the phone and in person. Assist guests with booking lodging, dining, attractions, and other services to enhance their experience.
- Assist the Sales Manager with ongoing reservation payment processing, payment/refund resolution with SAA members and guests, and general payment troubleshooting.
- Handle and distribute group, event, conference, tournament, relocation, and wedding leads.
- Assist with managing large room blocks for Stowe tournaments.
- Manage all aspects of the Stowe Gift Certificate program, including production, processing orders, quality control, shipping, and customer support.
- Oversee retail sales for postcards, books, maps, guides, and Stowe Gift Certificates in the Visitor Information Center.
Visitor Information Center
- Provide exceptional customer service to visitors in person and over the phone by making recommendations, answering questions, and booking reservations.
- Assist online visitors with questions via Live Chat.
- Maintain the Visitor Information Center lobby by stocking brochures and retail inventory, coordinating display schedules, updating the event board, and interacting with guests onsite.
- Maintain a high level of efficiency and organization in the Visitor Information Center, office, and mailroom. Maintain mailroom, brochure, and bathroom supply inventory.
- Establish strong relationships with SAA members, with a focus on Lodging Membership. Be available to answer questions and respond to the concerns of business members of SAA.
- Encourage members to take advantage of their membership benefits to increase exposure and maximize their ROI.
- Work with lodging properties to maximize availability in Inntopia.
- Be familiar with membership policies and the cost of membership. Be an ambassador of the Association, assisting with the recruitment of new members.
- Attend and assist with monthly member mixers and present Guest Services updates during membership meetings.
- Assist in producing and analyzing reports to track reservation metrics and pace.
- Track phone call and visitor metrics to increase operational efficiency and conversion potential.
- Maintain and track Visitor Information Center retail sales for Stowe Gift Certificates and Visitor Center merchandise
- Assist event producers interested in bringing new events to Stowe with networking, field/route/venue planning, volunteer/paid event worker recruitment, comp room set-up, and other logistical needs.
- Expand and strengthen SAA’s partnership with existing event producers to ensure event longevity.
- Set up lodging specials with event producers where appropriate to create mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Provide reservation support and/or pop-up info booth support during major events.
Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Required
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Tourism/Hospitality Management, or related field, although not necessarily required with relevant experience.
- Extensive customer service experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Stowe’s local businesses, including lodges, restaurants, shops, and activities is a plus.
- Experience booking lodging reservations for individuals and managing room blocks for groups is a plus.
- High proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on Microsoft Excel and knowledge of intermediate functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to create a positive impression of Go Stowe while responding to members either by phone, email, or in-person.
- Willingness to learn quickly and be trained via phone/screen-share.
- Creative problem solving; the ability to troubleshoot issues and find creative solutions.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Normal business hours, with occasional early morning, evening, and weekend hours.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Anticipated salary range of $40,000 – $45,000
Benefits: Health care contribution up to $375/month ($4,500/year), 1% of commissionable reservations made by you, 5% commission on new membership sign-ups; 401k plan with company-matching, 22 days of paid time off; and reimbursements for qualified expenses. There are other perks, including excursions with various activities and attractions and other immersion experiences to learn about area businesses.
- To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter stating your experience, how it correlates to the responsibilities and requirements of the role, and why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.
Vacation Planning Expert
Come work and live in Vermont’s most-popular mountain town!
‘Go Stowe’, Stowe’s destination marketing organization, is looking for an enthusiastic, customer experience-oriented individual to join our team as a part-time Vacation Planning Expert at our Visitor Information Center in downtown Stowe, Vermont. Join a fun and collaborative team working to promote our incredible mountain town, and enjoy easy access to world-class skiing and riding, hundreds of miles of hiking and biking trails, and endless outdoor recreation.
Job responsibilities include:
- Deliver outstanding customer service to visitors at the Stowe Visitor Information Center by providing recommendations about things to do, places to dine and shops to explore during their visit to Stowe
- Answer incoming calls, respond to general email inquiries, and attend to any in-person visitor questions
- Assist guests in customizing their Stowe adventure by understanding the various lodging accommodations, packaging opportunities, and local amenities suited to their interests
- Send guests reservation quotes, help reserve accommodations, and provide post-booking concierge services
- Promote and recommend member businesses of the Stowe Area Association
- Complete payment process for gift certificate and Stowe Travel Planner orders and prepare them for mailing
- Perform all processes/procedures in regards to opening and closing the visitor center
- Ensure brochure racks and retail display cases are fully stocked at all times
- Light cleaning and disinfecting of all high traffic visitor center spaces as needed
- Assist with other tasks and duties as assigned by the Guest Services Manager or other departments
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with other staff, management, SAA members, and visitors on a regular basis
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and be open to working with new technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as maintain productivity in down times
- Familiarity with Stowe’s local businesses including lodges, restaurants, shops, and activities
- A background in sales, customer service and/or hotel reservations is preferred
- Willing to work 4-hour, 6-hour, or 8-hour shifts between the hours of 9am and 5pm over weekdays, weekends, and the occasional holiday (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas)
This position is part time (flexibility to work 1 to 3 days per week), and hours vary by season (slower from mid-March to mid-May). The hourly pay range is $14 to $15 an hour, and you will earn an additional commission on booked reservations. Please submit your resume when applying, and let us know why you are interested in this position. No phone calls please. Interviews to begin immediately.
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAA is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.