At Stowe Area Association we work hard to promote Stowe, Vermont as a vibrant four season destination. Our mission is to market and sell the natural beauty of Stowe, its cultural and recreational opportunities and member businesses, while simultaneously enhancing the quality experience for our guests and the quality of life of the residents, in a manner which improves the economic well-being of the community and consciously promotes environmental integrity.
Vacation Planning Expert
Come work and live in Vermont’s most-popular mountain town!
‘Go Stowe’, Stowe’s destination marketing organization, is looking for an enthusiastic, customer experience-oriented individual to join our team as a part-time Vacation Planning Expert at our Visitor Information Center in downtown Stowe, Vermont. Join a fun and collaborative team working to promote our incredible mountain town, and enjoy easy access to world-class skiing and riding, hundreds of miles of hiking and biking trails, and endless outdoor recreation.
Job responsibilities include:
- Deliver outstanding customer service to visitors at the Stowe Visitor Information Center by providing recommendations about things to do, places to dine and shops to explore during their visit to Stowe
- Answer incoming calls, respond to general email inquiries, and attend to any in-person visitor questions
- Assist guests in customizing their Stowe adventure by understanding the various lodging accommodations, packaging opportunities, and local amenities suited to their interests
- Send guests reservation quotes, help reserve accommodations, and provide post-booking concierge services
- Promote and recommend member businesses of the Stowe Area Association
- Complete payment process for gift certificate and Stowe Travel Planner orders and prepare them for mailing
- Perform all processes/procedures in regards to opening and closing the visitor center
- Ensure brochure racks and retail display cases are fully stocked at all times
- Light cleaning and disinfecting of all high traffic visitor center spaces as needed
- Assist with other tasks and duties as assigned by the Guest Services Manager or other departments
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with other staff, management, SAA members, and visitors on a regular basis
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and be open to working with new technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as maintain productivity in down times
- Familiarity with Stowe’s local businesses including lodges, restaurants, shops, and activities
- A background in sales, customer service and/or hotel reservations is preferred
- Willing to work 4-hour, 6-hour, or 8-hour shifts between the hours of 9am and 5pm over weekdays, weekends, and the occasional holiday (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas)
This position is part time (flexibility to work 1 to 3 days per week), and hours vary by season (slower from mid-March to mid-May). The hourly pay range is $14 to $15 an hour, and you will earn an additional commission on booked reservations. Please submit your resume when applying, and let us know why you are interested in this position. No phone calls please. Interviews to begin immediately.
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. SAA complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in all areas regarding employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. SAA firmly prohibits any form of unlawful employment discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, marital status or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. Interfering with the ability of any employee to perform their job duties is not tolerated.