At Stowe Area Association we work hard to promote Stowe, Vermont as a vibrant four season destination. Our mission is to market and sell the natural beauty of Stowe, its cultural and recreational opportunities and member businesses, while simultaneously enhancing the quality experience for our guests and the quality of life of the residents, in a manner which improves the economic well-being of the community and consciously promotes environmental integrity.
Guest Services & Sales Supervisor
The Guest Service & Sales Supervisor is responsible for supporting Visitor Information Center operations and reservation staff with day-to-day duties to ensure customer service and revenue generation goals are met. This position reports to the Sales Manager and Executive Director.
This position is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally and make connections while working on various projects throughout the annual sales and marketing cycle. There are other perks, including excursions with various activities and attractions and other immersion experiences to learn about area businesses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire and train Visitor Information Center and Vacation Planning Expert staff to ensure they can properly handle inbound reservation inquiries, assist in-person visitors, and are updated on new policies, standard operating procedures, and upcoming promotions.
- Create work schedules for Vacation Planning Experts based on staff availability and budget requirements. Track and submit payroll for Vacation Planning Experts.
- Create and update SOPs regularly to ensure operational goals are being achieved.
- Handle inbound lodging inquiries to drive revenue generation.
- Handle and distribute group, event, conference, tournament and wedding leads.
- Assist with managing large room blocks for Stowe tournaments.
- Meet with Vacation Planning Experts regularly to ensure SOPs are followed, customer service standards are upheld, and staff are properly trained on all required tasks. Plan individual and group educational seminars for Vacation Planning Experts.
- Tour all lodging properties, attractions, shops, and restaurants with Vacation Planning Experts.
- Assist guests with lodging, dining, attractions, and other services to enhance their experience.
Visitor Information Center:
- Assist visitors with excellent customer service by making recommendations and booking reservations.
- Assist visitors on GoStowe.com with questions via Live Chat.
- Maintain the Visitor Information Center lobby by stocking brochures and retail inventory, coordinating display schedules, updating the event board, and interacting with guests onsite.
- Establish strong relationships with SAA members, with a focus on Lodging Membership. Be available to answer questions and respond to concerns of business members of SAA.
- Provide technical support and training for members using Inntopia.
- Recommend best practices to members to increase exposure and maximize revenue generation to drive a positive ROI.
- Work with lodging properties to maximize availability in Inntopia.
- Be familiar with membership policies and costs of memberships. Be an ambassador of the Association assisting with the recruitment of new members as needed.
- Attend and assist with member mixers.
- Process and print mailing labels for member businesses.
- Maintain high level of efficiency and organization in the Visitor Information Center, office, and mailroom.
- Maintain mailroom and brochure inventory.
- Maintain sales channel reservation metrics.
- Assist in producing and analyzing other sales reports as requested.
- Track phone call and visitor metrics to increase operational efficiency and conversion potential.
- Maintain and track Visitor Information Center retail sales including, but not limited to: Stowe Gift Certificates, Visitor Center merchandise, promotional campaigns and ticket re-seller programs.
- Assist event producers interested in bringing new events to Stowe with networking, field/route/venue planning, volunteer/paid event worker recruitment, comp room set-up, and other logistical needs.
- Expand and strengthen SAA’s partnership with existing event producers to ensure event longevity.
- Set-up lodging specials with event producers where appropriate to create mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Provide reservation support and/or pop-up info booth support during major events.
Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing, Tourism/Hospitality Management or related field, although not necessarily required with relevant experience
- Extensive customer service experience
- Experience managing a staff
- Familiarity with Stowe’s local businesses including lodges, restaurants, shops, and activities is a plus
- Experience booking lodging reservations for individuals and managing room blocks for groups is a plus
- High proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on Microsoft Excel and knowledge of intermediate functions
- Organized with a high attention to detail
- Willingness to learn quickly and be trained via phone/screenshare
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Creative problem solving; the ability to troubleshoot issues and find creative solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to create a positive impression of Go Stowe while responding to guests and members either by telephone, email, or in-person.
- Normal business hours, with occasional early morning, evening, weekends, and holidays hours.
- May be required to stand for extended periods.
- Able to lift 25 pounds.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Vacation Planning Expert
Come work and live in Vermont’s most-popular mountain town!
‘Go Stowe’, Stowe’s destination marketing organization, is looking for an enthusiastic, customer experience-oriented individual to join our team as a part-time Vacation Planning Expert at our Visitor Information Center in downtown Stowe, Vermont. Join a fun and collaborative team working to promote our incredible mountain town, and enjoy easy access to world-class skiing and riding, hundreds of miles of hiking and biking trails, and endless outdoor recreation.
Job responsibilities include:
- Deliver outstanding customer service to visitors at the Stowe Visitor Information Center by providing recommendations about things to do, places to dine and shops to explore during their visit to Stowe
- Answer incoming calls, respond to general email inquiries, and attend to any in-person visitor questions
- Assist guests in customizing their Stowe adventure by understanding the various lodging accommodations, packaging opportunities, and local amenities suited to their interests
- Send guests reservation quotes, help reserve accommodations, and provide post-booking concierge services
- Promote and recommend member businesses of the Stowe Area Association
- Complete payment process for gift certificate and Stowe Travel Planner orders and prepare them for mailing
- Perform all processes/procedures in regards to opening and closing the visitor center
- Ensure brochure racks and retail display cases are fully stocked at all times
- Light cleaning and disinfecting of all high traffic visitor center spaces as needed
- Assist with other tasks and duties as assigned by the Guest Services Manager or other departments
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with other staff, management, SAA members, and visitors on a regular basis
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and be open to working with new technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as maintain productivity in down times
- Familiarity with Stowe’s local businesses including lodges, restaurants, shops, and activities
- A background in sales, customer service and/or hotel reservations is preferred
- Willing to work 4-hour, 6-hour, or 8-hour shifts between the hours of 9am and 5pm over weekdays, weekends, and the occasional holiday (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas)
This position is part time (flexibility to work 1 to 3 days per week), and hours vary by season (slower from mid-March to mid-May). The hourly pay range is $14 to $15 an hour, and you will earn an additional commission on booked reservations. Please submit your resume when applying, and let us know why you are interested in this position. No phone calls please. Interviews to begin immediately.
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.