13 Tips for a Safe Winter Escape to StoweNovember 3, 2020
by GO STOWE
Are you ready for your next winter adventure? Whether you are heading to Stowe to ski and ride, dog sled or snowmobile, relax at a spa or to check out the local craft beverage scene, our snowy little mountain town is the perfect place. With the ever-changing landscape of 2020, our insider tips are here to help you safely and efficiently plan your trip to Stowe and maximize your winter getaway experience.
- Research travel guidelines. The safety of our community and guests has been paramount during the COVID-19 pandemic. Travelers are asked to learn about and follow travel guidelines prior to booking and arriving. Read up on travel guidance, quarantine restrictions, and other useful information ahead of time.
- Check out vacation specials. Did you know that Go Stowe offers deals on lodging, activities, shopping and dining throughout the year? Be sure to explore specials while planning your trip to receive discounted rates.
- Get lift tickets early and reserve your ski days. This year advanced reservations are required for skiing at Stowe Mountain Resort. Find all the information to ensure you’re prepared to hit the slopes this season.
- Plan your activities ahead. Since there are many indoor and outdoor winter activities to enjoy in Stowe, it helps to plan out your days here in advance to have the best experience. Skiing and snowboarding are widely enjoyed along with Nordic skiing, dog sledding, snowmobiling and snowshoeing. Guided tours are also a fun way to explore the area.
- Know before you go. The state of Vermont currently requires everyone to wear a mask in public, so be sure to pack yours! If not there are plenty of stores in town that sell face masks. Be sure to also check out our open businesses for updated hours and business operations.
- Make dinner plans. Discover Stowe’s world-class restaurants where you’ll find a variety of options for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night. In addition to restaurants in Vermont currently requiring reservations, they are highly encouraged with the state’s current indoor dining capacity. Take-out, curbside and delivery are also great options that Stowe restaurants are offering.
- Order and pick up rentals. Whether you’re in need of skis or snowboards, snowshoes, fat bikes, ice skates or sleds, we have shops to get you outfitted and ready to go. Many rental shops are offering online ordering or call ahead pickup for rentals. We recommend picking up your adventure equipment as early as possible to avoid waits in the mornings. Leases are also available.
- Plot your route and transportation around town. Plan to take extra time to get to your destinations on a holiday weekend or snow event, especially when the two overlap. Stowe offers a variety of in-town transportation options, including the complimentary Mountain Road Shuttle that provides convenient service from mountain to Main Street and beyond, especially if you’re without winter tires, which are encouraged for getting around town.
- Prepare for a day on the mountain. Check trail conditions with Stowe Mountain Resort’s terrain and lift status report for up-to-date info on lift operations. For live updates on weather, operations, terrain and parking information, go to @StoweMtAlerts on Twitter for the daily 6 a.m. report. Getting to the mountain early will set you up for an excellent day on Mt. Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak.
- Après-ski and craft beverages. It’s tradition to relax and unwind with friends after an exhilarating day on the hill. Along with having award-winning après establishments, there several local craft producers and brew pubs conveniently located in Stowe and surrounding area. Many stops are located along the Mountain Road Shuttle route. You can also order take-out and or pick up your après favorites to take back to your hotel.
- Relax and unwind. There’s no better place than Stowe, Vermont to rejuvenate among the fresh mountain air! Wrap yourself in a luxurious robe and relax on a heated massage table at a world-class spa. Watch the snow fall outside while lounging in a hot tub, or use the sauna and soothe the body after a day on the trails. Find balance in Stowe with tranquil environments, sanctuary lounges and cascading indoor waterfalls—all enhanced by Stowe’s natural outdoor beauty.
- Take a piece of Stowe home with you. Stowe has more than 40 independent boutiques, galleries, sporting goods stores, Vermont food and specialty markets and other shops in Stowe. Stock up on quality products for yourself, and find gifts for the fashionistas, foodies and adventurers in your life.
- Share your Stowe story. Stowe is a true four-season destination that has hosted travelers for more than 200 years. Dream of being back already? If you’ve enjoyed our Vermont hospitality, food and beverages, mountains and more, we’d love to hear about your experience and also share our little slice of heaven with you again!
There are many safe ways to experience Stowe and the surrounding area during your visit. Our visitor resource guide has information about getting around Stowe all in one place. Looking for customized trip planning advice? Give one of our vacation planning experts a call at (802) 253-7321 or request a quote online.