Vermont Canoe & Kayak
Vermont Canoe & Kayak does one river and one river well—the Lamoille! Take the short, scenic trip through Smugglers’ Notch to the other side of the mountain. Vermont Canoe & Kayak is located in the picturesque village of Jeffersonville right along the Lamoille River.
Offering rentals of canoes, solo and tandem kayaks and paddleboards. They’ll shuttle you upriver to any one of the three launch locations. Pack a lunch, fishing pole, bathing suit, even your dog and enjoy a leisurely self-guided paddle back to your car.
Ask us about our River Scavenger Hunt during the 2022 season!
Prefer a guided tour? Check out one of the many tour options!
- Vermont Canoe & Kayak has partnered with Sunrise Mountain Guides to offer a Rock Climb and Paddle or Guided Hike and Paddle package. Customize your own adventure suited to your abilities and needs. This full-day adventure is perfect for families, groups or anyone who wants to try out climbing or paddling for the first time, or to challenge the outdoor enthusiast.
- The Morning River Kayak tour is an excellent start to your day. Your guide will take you down a 4.5 mile scenic stretch of river at a leisurely pace, giving you ample opportunity to enjoy nature and catch a glimpse of wildlife.
- Try out the E-Bikes and Boats tour for a ride on the Rail Trail followed by paddling in the Lamoille River. This is an exclusive and unique self-guided tour with Lamoille Valley Bike Tours.
- For a sweet paddling adventure, check out the Maple Tour. Paddle to the VT Maple Outlet where you will learn about the maple sugaring process, enjoy a pure maple creemee or gourmet coffee, and take home maple and Vermont goodies.
- The Ice Cream Float tour combines an hour and a half of paddling in canoes with a stop on one of the many beach areas to enjoy your choice of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream or other frozen treat on the river and take an optional swim.
- Paddle on a scenic stretch of the Lamoille River and conclude your journey at Smugglers’ Notch Distillery during the Kayaks & Cocktails tour. Enjoy a taste of their award-winning spirits.
- Summer isn’t complete without roasting s’mores. What better way to celebrate summer than a paddle on the Lamoille, stopping along the way to roast marshmallows on one of the sandy beaches during our New S’Mores tour!
Large family reunions, school/club groups, wedding parties, or corporate getaways? They can customize and discount any large group of 10 boats or more for self-guided river trips.
10% off for Vermonters this season!
Guided Tours and rentals can be reserved online at least 24 hours in advance of the tour date. Use the date-picker below to book your reservation, and a member from Vermont Canoe & Kayak will be in touch with you to confirm your reservation.