Important Winter Travel Information
With parking and lift ticket changes implemented at Stowe Mountain Resort this season, it’s important to plan ahead for a seamless visit to Stowe, Vermont this winter. Find information below about bus transportation, resort parking, lift tickets, and more.
Stowe Mountain Resort Parking & Lift Tickets
For the 2022-23 winter season, Stowe Mountain Resort’s new parking system will offer a mix of free parking at nearly 60 percent of total spaces, paid parking, carpooling incentives and free public transit. The resort’s goal is to help alleviate congestion on the main mountain road leading into the resort and in adjacent neighborhoods, and to give guests a variety of arrival options. All parking is managed through Interstate Parking via the website ParkStowe.com. Please visit ParkStowe.com for more details.
Real-time alerts for parking, weather, and lift operations can be found on Twitter @StoweMtAlerts and on stowe.com/alerts.
Daily lift tickets will be limited. Buy your lift tickets in advance at stowe.com to ensure you can ski or ride.
Free Parking Options:
- Parking is free in all Mansfield lots from Monday through Thursday during non-holiday periods, and after 2 p.m. every day.
- The Cross Country Center and Toll House area lots are free seven days a week.
- Carpooling incentive: Free parking will also be offered at all times in all lots to cars arriving with four or more guests.
- Park & Ride locations with free parking include: Waterbury Park & Ride, Morrisville/Stowe Airport Park & Ride, Richmond Park & Ride, and Middlesex Park & Ride.
- Tips & Tricks: Four or more guests can meet at one of our Carpool Park & Ride locations and then take the short drive together to park at one of the resort lots for free, since free parking will be offered at all times in all lots to cars arriving with four or more guests.
Paid Parking Options & Details:
- Paid Parking in the Mansfield and Midway lots will be implemented from Friday through Sunday and during holiday periods.
- Paid parking will be $30 per space, per day.
- Parking will be paid through a smartphone app with advanced payment and license plate verification, or through on-site kiosks for those without smartphones.
- There will be no in-person, on-lot transactions or gates/checkpoints that slow down guest arrival. This system will help ensure faster, more efficient parking, especially at our busiest times.
- Details can be found on ParkStowe.com.
- All ADA parking is free and options are available at Mansfield Base Lodge, Over Easy Gondola, Midway, B Lots, D2, Toll House, and Cross Country Center. Note that the ADA ramp at Mansfield Base Area allows access to the upper level of the lodge from the parking lot.
- The Spruce Peak base area also offers ADA parking options and a parking garage.
Mountain Road Shuttle
From late-November through early April, Stowe offers a free shuttle bus service through Green Mountain Transit (GMT) that provides access to world-class skiing and riding, lodging, dining, shopping. and activities throughout town. The complimentary Mountain Road Shuttle offers convenient transportation in Stowe, especially during inclement weather and peak periods, and is especially useful for those driving to town without winter tires, which are strongly encouraged.
Complimentary paratransit service is available on the Mountain Road Shuttle. Call RCT at 802-748-8170 for more information.
With the new parking program in place at Stowe Mountain Resort this season, the Mountain Road Shuttle is a great way to avoid parking fees and be dropped off right at the lift.
Stowe Public Safety Agencies
Follow the Stowe Public Safey Agencies on Facebook for the latest weather, travel and other official news, alerts, and announcements from Stowe Police, Stowe Fire, Stowe EMS and Stowe Mountain Rescue.