- This event has passed.
Stowe Jewish Film Festival – A Virtual Tour of Modern Day Israel
The 6th Annual (Virtual) Stowe Jewish Film Festival, a FREE program of the Jewish Community of Greater Stowe, is pleased to invite you on A Virtual Tour of Modern Day Israel! (three films, three weeks, three eye-opening ways to learn about Israel in the 21st century!
- May 9 – 11, 2021: Mekonen
- Mekonen – The Journey of an African Jew relates the backstory and personal journey of Mekonen Abebe, a young Ethiopian-Israeli Jew, once a young shepherd in Africa and now a commander in the Israeli Defense Forces.
- May 16 – 18, 2021: Sustainable Nation
- Sustainable Nation follows three innovators who are bringing valuable lessons learned from Israel’s water shortage to the rest of the world.
- May 19, 2021 at 5 p.m. est, bonus free live Zoom: A conversation with Micah Smith- Director and Editor of Sustainable Nation.
- Please note: this live panel discussion requires a separate registration.
- May 23 – 25, 2021 Hummus: The Movie
- Hummus: The Movie- It unites; it divides and it’s delicious! Who makes the best hummus and where did it come from?
Imagination Productions offers award-winning films that tell the story of Israel and the Jewish people through the lens of personal experience and testimony. Delivered to a global audience through the leading digital platforms and screened at film festivals, high schools and colleges the world over.
Although this event free, if you would like to donate to the Stowe Jewish Film Festival, you can do so here.
With gratitude to the Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center for including the Stowe Jewish Film Festival in their schedule of virtual programming.