- This event has passed.
South African Wine Tasting
Back to Trapp Family Lodge
Join Trapp Family Lodge in their wine cellar on Wednesday , July 3, 2019 for a South African Wines tasting event.
South Africa began producing wines in the 17th century to supply the ships of the Dutch East India Company as they rounded the cape. One of the greatest wines in the world at that time came from the Constantia Winery near Cape Town in 1659. South African wines lost popularity during the period of Apartheid but since then have reclaimed significance in the international wine market.
Price is $20. Please call or see the front desk to place reservations (802) 253-5742. Doors open at 4 p.m. They suggest you arrive no later than 5 p.m. to avoid feeling rushed. People come and go during the tasting which is an informal walk around format. The event ends at 6 p.m.
- MAN Sauvignon Blanc, Western Cape 2017
- The Wolftrap White Blend, Cape of Good Hope 2017
- MAN Pinotage, Coastal Region 2015
- The Wolftrap Syrah, Mourvedre, Viognier, Cape of Good Hope 2017
- Stark-Conde Cabernet Sauvignon, Stellenbosch 2015