- This event has passed.
Lesser Known Red Wines
Back to Trapp Family Lodge
Join Trapp Family Lodge in the Wine Cellar for a Lesser Known Reds from 4 countries wine tasting on Wednesday, October 16, 2019.
Let’s step off the beaten path and sample some wilder flowers. These red grapes from several countries are not very well known. This is a good chance to expand your palate.
Taste a Plovina from Croatia, a Frappato and a Cannonau from Italy, a Monastrell/Cabernet Sauvignon blend from Spain and a Petite Sirah/Petit Verdot blend from California. Jessica Plimpton of Farrell Distributing will be here to discuss the wines.
Price is $20. Please call or see the front desk to place reservations (802) 253-5742. Doors open at 4 p.m. They suggest you arrive no later than 5 p.m. to avoid feeling rushed. People come and go during the tasting which is an informal walk around format. We end at 6 p.m.
- Pilizota Plavina, Coastal Croatia 2016
- Sella & Mosca Cannonau di Sardegna Riserva 2016
- Portelli Frappato, Vittoria, Sicily 2017
- Compania de Vinos del Atlantico Gordo, Yecla, Murcia, Spain 2012
- Michael David Winery Petite Petit, Lodi 2016