- This event has passed.
Five Red Varietals
Back to Trapp Family Lodge
Join Trapp Family Lodge in the Wine Cellar for a Five Red Varietals from regions known for each varietal wine tasting on Wednesday, January 29, 2020.
Taste a Merlot from the Columbia Valley of Washington State. The Columbia Valley has long been known for their fine Merlots. Next, a Zweigelt from Burgenland, Austria. Zweigelt is the most widely planted red grape in Austria. Then a Zinfandel from Amador County, California. Amador is best known for their Zinfandels. After that, a Cabernet Sauvignon from Paso Robles, a region known for full bodied reds like Cab. Sav. And finally, a Shiraz from where else but McLaren Vale in Australia.
Price is $20. Please call or see the front desk to place reservations at (802) 253-5742. Doors open at 4 p.m. They suggest you arrive no later than 5 p.m. to avoid feeling rushed. People come and go during the tasting which is an informal walk around format. The tasting ends at 6 p.m.
- Columbia Crest Grand Estates Merlot, Columbia Valley 2015
- Hopler Zweigelt, Burgenland 2017
- Sobon Estate Rocky Top Zinfandel, Amador County 2017
- Vinum Cellars The Insider Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles 2016
- D’Arenberg The Stump Jump Shiraz, McLaren Vale 2017